Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ideas from my mind to my fingertips to your eyes to your mind

At work today, I got to do a really interesting site visit. I've realised one of the great things about my new job is that I get to go out and about often. Apart from seeing how the stuff works, it's rooly nice just being in the outdoors.

In other news, I just had my second feature for Cosmos published online. It's about some climate change mitigation technologies. I've tried to strike a balance between detail and perspective, between humour and earnestness, between legibility and nonsense, between objectiveness and critical appraisal.

I think this article has a lot of interesting information, but it could have flowed a little better.
I certainly think that writing features is fun, and I'm curious myself as to what some topics of the future might be. I deign to openly speculate on things I may write about here:

hofstadter / ai / analogy
science of sport appreciation
futurologists
Futurama

Pain is what I feel each day
when you take my pride away
Somethin somethin is not right
and it feels so black and white

Way back when in '68
brothers didn't have it great
They fought back the civil rights


Black is black not blue or purple
Being black is like a curcle
Round and round we all go
Where we end up I don't know

btw the article is here

No comments: