Monday, February 26, 2007

Return of the Mack

Remember that song? It was great, because it created the illusion of history. Who's Mack, where'd he go and why's he back?

I was watching MediaWatch on the ABC tonight and they mentioned how a story on rental price hikes was greatly exaggerated by the media. The source of the story was partly a real estate lobby group. I just can't get over how many lobby groups there are. They have money, time and a media presence. It makes me sick.

I think JR Saul made the point well. When corporations are the dominant structure - in the broad sense, so including non-profit organisations too - you just have a bunch of groups arguing for their own self-interest. Some of them may be enlightened, most aren't and it's a crappy way to run a society. Wake up, this country needs a f**kin' shake up!

If you agree with me, register your support at www.elliotgoblet.com.au

No comments: